Axcis Education is working in close partnership with a secondary school in Tameside who is looking for a science teacher to work 3 days a week. Axcis is the leading supplier of special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) staff in England and Wales. We recruit SEND staff for mainstream schools and alternative provisions across England and Wales.
This is a long term teaching position in KS3 and KS4 for 3 days per week. Within the school there are a number of children with a range of SEND including SEMH and challenging behaviour. It will be your role as the class teacher to:
- Plan and teach engaging and interactive lessons
- Monitor and manage the behaviour of the children
- Liaise with parents and other teachers
In the schools recent OFSED it was rated as GOOD and described as having 'a harmonious atmosphere where polite and enthusiastic pupils work hard.' It also noted the strength in the relationships between adults and pupils.
- Relevant teaching qualification
- Recent and relevant experience of teaching within a secondary school environment
- Previous experience of working with SEMH or similar SEND such as challenging behaviour
- Good knowledge of behaviour management techniques
- Must be available for 3 days per week (these days are to be discussed with the school)
- The ability to create and maintain positive relationships with pupils and staff
- Must be patient, caring and have the ability to remain calm in situations
Salary and Benefits'
- Starting at £120 per day which can increase depending on experience
- Discounted training through the National Autistic society
- Access to in house training such as Team Teach, Makaton and many more.
This role is part-time, with the potential to be long-term and is due to start ASAP.
If you are interested, then please contact Charlotte Holmes at Axcis Education on 0151 448 2810.
This is a temporary position unless otherwise stated.
Please note: The details of this job are correct as of the start of the school closures. We anticipate that there will still be a need to fill this vacancy either on the expected timescale (as many of the schools we work with will remain open to support SEND/Keyworker children) or when schools re-open. We are therefore continuing to accept applications but please bear with us as there may be a delay on the listed start date due to the fact that the situation is continually evolving.
Axcis is an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview.
Axcis Education is an employment agency offering temporary supply work for daily, short-term and long-term assignments in addition to permanent positions.