Axcis are currently recruiting for an Ofsted outstanding SEND school in Surrey that caters for children with autism aged 8 - 19years. The school are looking for ASD specialist teachers for an immediate start.
The school aim to provide children with a broad and challenging curriculum, delivered by the highest quality teachers, teaching assistants and team of classroom based therapists.
Applicants must have:
1. Knowledge of the National Curriculum and in particular P levels
2. Knowledge of good practice in curriculum planning, development, assessment and evaluation of pupil progress including preparing pupils for externally accredited awards and qualifications
3. Experience and sound knowledge of teaching or supporting across various Key Stages, in particular proven experience of teaching pupils with SEND in KS3 and 4 age group
4. Experience of managing assessment, recording and reporting.
5. Knowledge of school inclusion
6. Commitment to the school aims and objectives - able to demonstrate an understanding and personal commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
7. Excellent behaviour management.
You will work as part of a very close knit supportive team
The school offers extensive training and CPD throughout the year.
Please get in touch today if you are interested in working at an outstanding innovative SEND school in Surrey.
If you are interested, then please contact Sorcha Gavin at Axcis Education on 020 7580 2956.
This is a temporary position.
Axcis is an equal opportunities employer and as such we do not discriminate based on age, gender, disability, race or any other equal opportunities criteria.
The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
As such, you will be required to provide an up to date CRB/DBS, or be prepared to allow Axcis to process one on your behalf, in addition to other mandatory compliance checks in line with the DfE guidelines (for details please see our website).
Axcis Education is an employment agency offering temporary supply work for daily, short-term and long-term assignments in addition to permanent positions.
You must be suitably qualified for the position advertised and be prepared to attend a face to face interview with Axcis to demonstrate your suitability for this role.
Salary / Pay Rate will be dependent on your skills and experience.