JOB TITLE / ROLE:
Teacher with a specialism in design technology, carpentry, joinery or construction in Skelmersdale - Challenging Behaviour - Lancashire - Role: SEND Teacher Jobs
Axcis Education are working in partnership with a secondary SEMH school in Skelmersdale who are looking to appoint a teacher with a background or specialism in design technology, carpentry, joinery or construction. The role is full time and is to start ASAP, however the school are willing to wait for the right candidate is they have a notice period to serve.
The role involves planning and delivering interactive and interesting lessons to classes of 8 - 10 pupils.
- Have previous experience of working with children or young adults with SEMH, challenging behaviour and ASC
- Be patient and remain calm in pressured situations
- Have the ability to form solid relationships with both pupils and colleagues
- De-escalation training such as Team Teach would be beneficial to your application however is not essential as the school are prepared to provide training for the right candidate
- Be secure in their knowledge and ability of their trade.
School hours are 8.15 - 3.15, with the option of taking PPA of a Friday afternoon at home. The school is a certified forest school and boats a beautiful woodland area, as well as a therapy dog, and an amazing team of supportive staff.
The role is full time, immediate start and is for the rest of the academic year with the potential to become a permanent member of staff.
Please get in touch ASAP if you would like to apply.
This is a temporary position.
If you are interested, then please contact Charlotte Holmes at Axcis Education on 0151 448 2810.
Axcis is an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview.
Axcis Education is an employment agency offering temporary supply work for daily, short-term and long-term assignments in addition to permanent positions.
View the disclaimer
CONTACT: Charlotte Holmes
TELEPHONE: 0151 448 2810